One-on-One College Counseling
Your high school counselors are busy and don’t have time to focus 1-on-1 with your child. We do.
The team at Get Smarter Prep wants to help you effectively manage the entire Application Process – from start to finish! We can begin working with students as early as Sophomore year, but we’re also equally up for the challenge to begin just before Senior year – if that’s your situation!
- Initial consultation to get everyone on the same page. Even if we could, we don’t want to do it alone; we know parents and students can provide unique insights, so let’s establish a great partnership from the beginning. (As early as Sophomore Year and as late as Fall of Senior Year)
- We’ll provide time-lines for the student to follow, with regular check-ins built-in to ensure the student is making progress. We believe there’s an order that makes the most sense, so we’ll help you figure out what that looks like in your unique case.
- Career/Major Assessment(s) – We want to make sure each student is headed in a direction that makes sense for their situation. We have some amazing tools at our disposal to help each student find a career path or major that fits their unique skills and interests. (End of Junior Year to the Summer before Senior Year)
- We’ll make customized ACT/SAT recommendations to ensure the college list is right for the student. (End of Sophomore Year through Junior Year)
- It’s difficult to know what schools to target without doing your due diligence, so we’ll partner with the student and family (and in some cases high school counselors) to build a college list that’s right for the student. Here’s more information on that process. (Spring of Junior Year to the start of Senior Year)
- Our College Essay Writing Experts will help you craft your best essays for your college set. This isn’t your momma’s essay – we will go above and beyond to ensure the student doesn’t write an essay that prevents them from becoming accepted to their schools of choice. CLICK HERE to learn more. (Summer before Senior Year to early-Fall Senior Year)
- As soon as application season hits – we’ll be prepared to help your student submit their applications to the schools on their list. We’ll help ensure the “t”s are crossed and the “i”s are dotted! We’ll also help manage the deadlines that will could be different at each school. (August of Senior Year to January of Senior Year)
The cost of College Counseling is $150/hour.
College Counseling is usually scheduled for 1-1/2 hour sessions and are typically between 4 & 15 hours in duration (3 – 10 weeks).
Interested in Building a Comprehensive Package?
- Initial Consultation
- Templates & Initial Guidance
- Career & Major Assessment
- Build A College List of 10 Schools
- 9-Hour Essay Writing Tutorial
- Assistance in Applying to 5 Colleges
The total cost for a comprehensive one-on-one package is $2,350.