Name: Baylor University
College: College of Arts and Sciences
Major: University Scholars Program
1. What first drew you to Baylor University?
What first drew me to Baylor was that they offered me a full tuition scholarship, otherwise I never would have visited campus. However, I’m glad I did because Baylor is an amazing school with tons of incredible opportunities!
2. What other colleges were you considering?
I was basically down to schools that were going to give me substantial scholarships, so Nebraska, University of Oklahoma, and Texas A&M were also in the mix.
3. How was the adjustment from high school to college?
The adjustment from high school to college isn’t as daunting as people make it out to be. A lot of college level coursework is much more interesting than high school, so class is a lot more fun.
4. What was your favorite class? Why?
My favorite class was “Alexander and the Diadecoi” because I love history and this class relied solely on primary sources and rigorous application of classical historical study methods.
5. What clubs or groups were you involved in?
I was involved in Student Government, Model UN, the Baylor Marksman’s Association, and Brooks College.
6. Anything else you want to tell us?
I’m really glad that I chose Baylor because Baylor emphasizes a traditional liberal arts education, and that’s actually pretty rare these days.
7. In one sentence, what do you love about your school?
I love Baylor because it was the perfect place for me.