1. I was a very accomplished handbell (weird musical instrument that Lutherans play in church mostly) player in high school and was offered a scholarship to play in the best collegiate choir.
2. I had a tremendous hairstyle through high school and part of college. It is immortalized on my ID.
3. My first car was a 1992 Lincoln Town Car. It was an awful salmon pink color. I loved it.
4. I spent 10 days hiking in the mountains of New Mexico and did not shower the entire time.
5. I have a strange talent for leisure games like pool, shuffleboard, and darts, and I use this talent to my advantage.
6. I cannot turn off a game show, especially if it is trivia-based like Jeopardy.
7. My music choices run the gamut. You might hear 2 Chainz and Thelonious Monk back to back.
8. Horror movies and being scared are two things I avoid like the plague.
9. When I was little, I told people that I was going to grow up and be a sports mascot. This changed when I met Sluggerrrr (Royals mascot) and he scared poor little me.
10. I’m an only child so I learned to improvise. This meant using chess pieces to run football plays and attempting to throw sock balls into cardboard boxes.
Boomer Jenkins is a Tutor at Get Smarter Prep.