1. I’m 5’11” and I can dunk a basketball. Seriously.
2. I won my school’s spelling bee in 6th grade. Then I got super nervous in the county bee and messed up my first word. It was heartbreaking.
3. Once upon a time I was a pretty accomplished chess player. My crowning achievement was taking third in a chess tournament in middle school. I played football between rounds, though.
4. I have managed a pizza restaurant before. So you know how people throw the dough in the air to make a pizza shell? I can do that.
5. While touring a Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum, I found out I can fold my tongue in half. Ripley’s tells you it’s very rare, and they have a double mirror setup so people who are ahead of you can watch you look silly. I nailed it.
6. I have been very lucky to be able to travel across the U.S. and to several different countries. Probably the coolest site I have visited is Machu Picchu.
7. My two favorite movies on Netflix you haven’t heard of are Troll Hunter and Time Crimes (Los cronocrímenes).
8. I have a sister who is completing her Master’s degree in Paris. She’s actually much more interesting than me. I try to do cultured things so I can keep up with my family at Thanksgiving.
9. Favorite video game is NBA Street Vol. 2 for the PS2. Close second is Smash Bros (only on the N64).
10. I visited the Palace of Versailles as an 18 year old. While I was in the parking lot, a girl came up to me and, in broken English, asked if she could have a picture with me. Afterwards, she ran back to her bus, which was apparently full of 12-14 year old girls…all staring at me. I waved to them, and I swear to you the entire bus screamed and went crazy. I have no idea who they confused me for, but to this day it is the coolest thing that has ever happened to me.
Logan Terry is a Tutor at Get Smarter Prep.