Name: Emma Koerper
College: Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences
1. What first drew you to Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences?
I was drawn to healthcare because of many personal experiences. I volunteered at a few different hospitals during high school and knew that I wanted to be in the medical field. I chose nursing because I love the patient contact and the schedule. I chose Saint Luke’s for my nursing degree because it was close to home and had a reputable program.
2. What other colleges were you considering?
I originally attended Saint Mary’s College, but decided to transfer when I switched my major from Biology to Nursing. I transferred to KU to complete my nursing school pre-requisite courses prior to starting at Saint Luke’s College. I was also considering Auburn.
3. How was the adjustment from high school to college?
My adjustment from high school to college was fairly easy. I believe my time at Notre Dame de Sion helped prepare me for college.
4. What was your favorite class? Why?
My favorite class was my Pediatric Nursing class because I love working with children and their families.
5. What clubs or groups were you involved in?
I was a member of Gamma Phi Beta sorority during my time at the University of Kansas.
6. In one sentence, what do you love about your school?
I love the opportunities Saint Luke’s College gave me in order to prepare me to be the best nurse that I can be!